Wednesday 14 November 2012

Fight News Weekly Sits Down With "Dangerous"

Fight News Weekly had the opportunity to sit down with “Dangerous” Denton Daley an undefeated Canadian boxer in the cruiserweight division to talk about his upcoming fight December 1st at the Hershey Centre and to get the word on what makes him so dangerous.

Q: You train and are managed by Syd “The Jewel” Vanderpool in Kitchener and you are promoted by United Promotions out of Mississauga. Tell me a little about those relationships and how they have shaped your career to this point.

A: Syd has been great, I couldn’t have found a better trainer than him. He understands boxing and how to work with athletes. He trains me based on my strengths and teaches me good habits that take advantage of my abilities. He’s a technician and he is very in tune with what’s going on in the ring. Don Macdonald is my promoter and he is a great guy. He is a workaholic and he does up a great show every time. We speak daily and he is always keeping you in the loop with what’s going on.

Q: You are fighting in the Main event on December 1st at the Hershey Centre in Mississauga Ontario and it won’t be your first time headlining a card at this venue. How has your experience in high profile fights prepared you for this one?

A: When you are in the main event you don’t want to disappoint. I show up in shape because it’s important to give the public and the people who support what they paid for. I’ve been in that position and I have felt the pressure before and take the responsibility seriously.

Q: Your opponent for this fight is Mauro Adrian Ordiales of Argentina. He’s fought 38 times all over the world. What do you know about him and what will fighting such a well-established veteran boxer add to your game going forward?

A: We know that he’s a hard puncher and that he’s not the best technically. That’s what we are looking to exploit, I’m more the technician. It’s motivating to know his strength, to avoid it and then exploit it. It’s motivating to know every punch counts in a fight like this because he hits hard and is an experienced fighter.

Q: Initially there was a tough time finding you an opponent after it was clear that you had surpassed the local competition. As a result you have the opportunity to take a bigger step up the boxing ladder. What are your near future goals, and where would you most like to travel for a fight?

A: I love to fight at Hershey Centre and I’m the main fighter for United Promotions, so whenever they have a card they want me on it. I’m working towards the NABF (North American Boxing Federation) Cruiserweight title which is highest title before a world title and I’m motivated for that. United Promotions are constantly working to seal the deal for me. I’d like to travel to Germany the most because the cruiserweight division is big there. All of the best cruiserweights and all of the belts are in Germany. Sauerland is the big promotion there and they pay the most to cruiserweights. Guys like Marco Huck, Steve Cunningham and Yoan Pablo Hernandez fight there.

Q: Aside from the fact that you are an undefeated professional boxer, what would you say makes you so dangerous?

A: The thing that makes me dangerous is my work ethic and will to win. When I have nothing left I will find it somewhere. I won’t accept the loss you really have to beat me down. You can have more skills than me but my will power is my advantage, the ability to impose myself on someone. That’s what makes me dangerous, I won’t stop. Q: Thank you very much for your time. Do you have a message for the fans and for people who may never think to come to watch a professional boxing event?

A: To the Fans, thanks for all the support it is genuinely appreciated. The fans show me love and support and I try to give it back through community service. I do guest and motivational speaking to support kids in trouble and steer them towards athletics and to stay in school. It’s important to give back to the fans that have shown so much support. Going to a boxing event live is totally different than watching it on T.V. If u haven’t seen one live before then you should definitely check it out. Come and support boxing and athletes earning titles in Canada. Everything is American based, but we have the product and entertainment here so support your local guys and those who can make a difference in the area.


Denton Daley is an exciting and talented athlete who is making a name for himself in the boxing world. December 1st at the Hershey Centre Mississauga promises to be an exciting event with an eight fight card for a full night of competition. Tickets and card information are available at www.UnitedPromotions.ca and through www.Ticketmaster.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment